- General Product Information
- Placing an Order
- Sales Agreement
- Product Assistance
- Contact Us
General Product Information
At IANSAUDE.COM we are constantly working to design and realize products that are exciting, distinctive and of superlative quality for you, our valued client. We make every effort to have sufficient quantities of items featured on this Site in stock.
Some items, however, are so unique that they may be one of a kind or in limited production. Some items are also not practical to keep in regular stock because we offer a number of options for customizing that piece, so we can better respond to the individualized needs of our customers by building each piece to order. When featuring such items, they will be indicated accordingly.
All products available through this Site fall into one of three classes of merchandise: (i) normal merchandise, (ii) special order merchandise or (iii) customized/commissioned pieces. Each of these three classes of merchandise is governed by its own specific set of order, sale & return policies. Please see the SALES AGREEMENT below for the specific terms covering each category.
When selecting an item for purchase, you will be asked to specify the specific set of options that you prefer. If the particular configuration of options that you have selected constitutes a "special order" or "customized order," you will be alerted to this fact on the product page by the message, "This is a special order item," which will appear in the space above the pricing information. While shopping, an item with special order status will also be visible on your "My Selections" page, which automatically appears every time you add an item to your selections, or it can also be accessed from the "CHECKOUT" button located under the "SHOP" link on the top navigation bar of this site. All special orders or otherwise "customized" merchandise will be indicated by the two-letter code (SO) following the style name & options listed for the selected item. After finalizing your purchase, these items will be similarly indicated on your order confirmation email.
All products displayed on IANSAUDE.COM are available as long as supplies last, and we reserve the right to add, subtract and modify the selection of merchandise available on this website at any time, without previous or subsequent notice. Please check back often for updates.
Product Representation and Pricing
Every effort is made to accurately display items and when necessary to provide a thorough explanation of the product featured for sale on this website. On those rare occasions when there may be incomplete information, a typographical error or other inaccuracies, please understand that they are unintentional, and we apologize for any erroneous information. We reserve the right to correct errors or to update products and/or product descriptions at any time without prior notice. For more detailed information on this subject, please refer to the policies in the PRIVACY & SECURITY section of this website.
Please be aware that since viewing actual colors will depend on the quality & calibration of your monitor, we cannot guarantee that your monitor will display the color of the featured product accurately. Goods not materially different than those represented and/or described on this website shall be accepted buy the Buyer as in accordance with our SALES AGREEMENT. For fabric items, you may also contact us about the possibility of obtaining swatches for the purposes of color-matching.
Prices of items offered at IANSAUDE.COM are quoted in US dollars ($USD) and are effective only in the United States. Certain items available on this Site (either normal/in-stock, special order or customized merchandise) may be available for delivery to addresses outside the US, depending on the prevailing import regulations of the country to which the merchandise is to be delivered. This website WILL ACCEPT orders placed for foreign delivery, anywhere in the world that is deliverable by FedEx. However, we still advise all foreign customers, especially those who may be in doubt about their ability to receive reliable deliveries via FedEx, to please contact us by email or phone for pricing & shipping confirmation before placing any orders for foreign delivery.
Certain retail items available on this site are also available in select stores throughout the United States. The prices listed on this site are the manufacturers suggested retail price (MSRP), but in-store retail prices may vary. For a list of retail stores that carry our products or to find a store in your area, please consult our list of retail stores for locations. Sale items/prices on this Site are INTERNET ONLY SPECIALS, and may not be available at other retail locations. Sale items are available only while supplies last.
If you are a buyer for a Fine Jewelry Store, Department Store, Gallery, Showroom or other establishment that is interested in carrying one of our lines, this Site contains additional features that are specifically geared to facilitate wholesale purchasing. Please visit the TO THE TRADE section of this website for specific information about how to set up a wholesale Trade Account and utilize these special features.
Please note: certain items on this website may not be available for wholesale ordering. Conversely, we may also occasionally offer other products, in addition to those placed on this website, that are available exclusively to wholesale customers. Please inquire.
Placing an Order
How to Place an Order
Retail Online Orders
- As you browse the collections, select any items you wish to order by choosing the options you prefer from the dropdown menus provided. Then, click the "Add to My Selections" button on the product page. When browsing or selecting special order or customized merchandise, you will be alerted to this fact by the message, "This is a special order item." This special status will also be indicated by an (SO) following the product name & options configuration on your "My Selections" page, and later on your order confirmation email.
- If, at any time while shopping, you wish to review your selections, you can find them on the "My Selections" page. This page can be accessed in any one of three ways:
- It will automatically appear every time you add a new item to your selections (shopping cart).
- You can access it directly from any product page by selecting "CHECKOUT".
- You can access it from anywhere on this site by selecting the "CHECKOUT" option (which appears below "SHOP") from the main navigation bar (on the upper right corner of any page).
- From the "My Selections" page you can review all of your current selections, add, delete or edit any items, proceed to final checkout, or return to the Collections for further shopping.
- When you have finished shopping, please proceed to "CHECKOUT" by first reviewing your selections on the "My Selections" page, as described above. At this point you will be presented with all of your selections for reconfirmation. Please review your selections one last time and make sure that they are correct.
- Continue to follow the instructions until your order has been confirmed. Before the checkout process can be completed, you will be asked to confirm that you have read and accept the terms of our SALES AGREEMENT. When your order has been confirmed, you will receive an order number.
- You will receive at least 2 emails from us following the placement of your order. The first will reconfirm that we have received your order. The second provides your shipping information and the FedEx tracking number so that you can determine the delivery status of your purchase. This can be done by using the tracking number provided to check delivery status directly via the FedEx website.
- Orders for normal in-stock merchandise are generally processed within three days (72 hours) of confirmation, during established business hours. Should any of your items be out-of-stock or discontinued, you will receive notification from us.
- For special order merchandise, please allow a minimum of 6-8 weeks for delivery. After placing a special order, you can email us at any time to check on the status of your order or call Client Care at 1.805.784.0967, Monday-Saturday, 10am to 5pm (Pacific Time). We would be happy to assist you. We will automatically notify you when your order is confirmed and when it has been shipped.
- For custom work and private commissions, please call us directly at 1.805.784.0967 for design, ordering and sales assistance.
Retail Phone Orders
You may also order the merchandise on this Site by calling Client Care 1.805.784.0967, Monday-Saturday, 10am to 5pm (Pacific Time). We would be happy to take your order.
Wholesale customers may place orders by faxing us your purchase order or by shopping on-line via this website, if your wholesale account has already been approved and activated. To apply for a new Trade Account or to login to your existing one, please visit the TO THE TRADE page on this website. This page is available to you at any time by using the “TO THE TRADE” link on the main navigation bar (located in the upper right corner on every page on this Site).
While browsing the collections as a wholesale buyer, additional options & details related to wholesale purchasing will automatically be displayed. As a time-saving service to our Trade clients, wholesale orders can also easily be placed on-line via this website. For further details, please login into your wholesale account on the TO THE TRADE page.
Forms of Payment
This Site accepts Visa, Mastercard & American Express as valid forms of payment. For details on how we bill your credit card or for the security measures we use to safeguard your privacy, please see the PRIVACY & SECURITY section of this website.
If you wish to pay by personal check or money-order, you can also submit your order to us by phone or by shopping on-line and then selecting "Online Order Form" from among the available payment options during check out. Print a copy of your order and send it to us along with your check or money order. A representative will then contact you to confirm your order and delivery details. Note: Orders placed in this way will only be shipped once complete payment has been received.
Payment by wire transfer may also be possible for orders placed for foreign delivery. Please contact us if you have questions about foreign deliveries or about any of these payment options.
Payment and credit terms for wholesale customers are routinely managed as part of the Trade Account set-up process. Wholesale customers wishing to establish a trade account may start the process by logging on to the TO THE TRADE page of this website and submitting the brief form or you may contact us for more information.
An applicable sales tax of 7.25% will be charged to all retail orders made through this Site and delivered to addresses within the State of California (USA). Retail orders for delivery outside the State of California and all wholesale orders (regardless of delivery address) are not presently taxed.
Shipping & Delivery
Generally, we ship all orders via Federal Express, one of the world’s largest and most reliable shippers. However, in the event that we deem another shipping method/agent to be more appropriate for delivering a particular order, we reserve the right to ship by any reputable courier or postal service. All shipments are shipped with insurance and will require an adult signature at the time of delivery. High value shipments for special merchandise may be arranged by armored service. Special charges may apply. Please inquire before placing an order.
Delivery charges are assessed by approximate shipping weight. Accurate real-time pricing is calculated via a link between this Site and FedEx. Your specific delivery options and the commensurate charges associated with your shipment will be displayed as part of the checkout process.
U.S. domestic shipments (All 50 States & U.S. Territories)
All shipments made from IANSAUDE.COM are insured for the replacement value of the merchandise. Although shipping charges will be added to your bill at the prevailing FedEx rates, as a courtesy to our customers, the additional charges for insuring these shipments are borne by us.
For all orders including jewelry, however, our insurance underwriters require that they be shipped via FedEx Second-Day air, as the default-mode of shipment. Upgrading to Overnight Night service is also available for an additional charge.
For all non-jewelry orders, we ship to all 50 States & Territories using FedEx Ground unless you stipulate otherwise. Second-Day Air and Priority Overnight services are also available for an additional charge. All shipments are insured.
If you are purchasing both jewelry and non-jewelry items at the same time, our system will automatically exclude the option for Ground Service because your order includes jewelry. Therefore, if you wish to ship your non-jewelry items by Ground, please process your order in two separate transactions: one for jewelry and another for non-jewelry items. This will allow our system to segregate the orders and assign the appropriate shipping charges to each.
As an added security measure, we reserve the right to ship jewelry separately from other merchandise ordered at the same time, even if they are both to be shipped via the same mode of service.
In general, the information presented on this Site is formulated for deliveries within United States. However, most items on this Site (either normal, special order or customized merchandise) are also available for delivery to addresses outside the US, depending on the prevailing import regulations of the country to which the merchandise is to be delivered. As a mater of course, the Site will accept orders from anywhere in the world provided that the destination is deliverable by FedEx.
However, as an added precaution, we still advise foreign customers to please contact us by email or phone for pricing & shipping confirmation before placing any orders for foreign delivery. International deliveries valued up to $25,000 per box can be made via FedEx. All shipments are insured. High value shipments can also be arranged via an international armored service or, in some cases, by private courier. Additional charges may apply.
Customs import duties for foreign shipments must be borne by the customer, who will be the importer of record (“importer”), and such duties will be assessed at the prevailing rates according to the tariff schedule in the country of import. Although FedEx and all comparable couriers generally provide customs brokerage services for the purpose of clearing the goods in every country to which they deliver, the importer is still responsible for obtaining any & all information about the particularities of the applicable import regulations directly from the customs department of the country of import in advance of delivery. FedEx, etc. may also assess additional charges for these customs-clearing services. These charges are to be borne by the importer, and the courier will generally require payment for such services at the time of delivery, before releasing the shipment. Please check directly with the courier for the specific terms of payment for customs clearance.
While IAN SAUDE INC. is happy to furnish all the shipment paperwork in a fashion that best complies with the requirements of the country of import, we will not be held responsible for any delays, duties, incidental fees or other complications, whatsoever, associated with the process of importation, as they are beyond our control.
After your order has been confirmed you will receive an email from us with your FedEx tracking number. This number will enable you to track the delivery status of your purchase on the FedEx website. If, in advance of shipment, you have additional questions regarding the status of your order, you may always contact us.
We are happy to offer our customers Gift Certificates for making on-line purchases at IANSAUDE.COM. Gift Certificates are available by contacting Client Care 1.805.784.0967, Monday-Saturday, 10am to 5pm (Pacific time).
Please note that Gift Certificates, once issued, are not redeemable for cash from IANSAUDE.COM.
Most items available on this site, including all jewelry, come elegantly boxed or otherwise packaged in a form that is suitable for gift-giving. Jewelry items are generally packaged in boxes specialized to fit the particular piece. Smaller lifestyle items are generally boxed in an attractive paper box with IAN SAUDE ribbon and/or other branding. When presentation boxes are sometimes unavailable for larger items, these products generally will come packaged in a branded gift bag. Packaging designs may be adjusted seasonally.
If you would like to enclose a personal message with your gift, you may do so during the checkout process. When you have reached the page entitled "CHECKOUT STEP 3" below the "Form of Payment" section, there is a field entitled, "Gift Messages or Comments". Please follow the instructions here, and we will include a gift enclosure card with your personalized message.
- Preamble. The following Sales Agreement ("Agreement") details the terms & conditions of all sales ("goods," "merchandise," "items," etc ) made by IAN SAUDE INC., the operators of this IANSAUDE.COM website (the "Seller") by or through this IANSAUDE.COM website to its Clients (the "Buyer"). In addition to the following provisions, sales made by or through this site are also subject to the provisions detailed in the PRIVACY & SECURITY sections of this website, including all LEGAL NOTICES, and said provisions are deemed included in this Agreement by this mention as if set forth herein.
- Product Classes. All products on this site fall into one of three classes of merchandise: (i) normal merchandise, (ii) special order merchandise or (iii) customized/commissioned pieces.
Each class of merchandise is defined below and is governed by its own unique set of sale & return policies. Please familiarize yourself with the particular terms & conditions that are germane to the type of merchandise you are planning to order. You must agree to these terms in order to make purchases on IANSAUDE.COM.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE that many styles of merchandise featured on this website may fall into more than one of these three classes of merchandise. For example: a particular ring may be considered "normal merchandise" when ordered in white gold & white diamonds, but may be available only as a "special order item" when ordered in yellow gold & rubies. Therefore, the specific classification of merchandise as "normal," "special order" or as "customized/commissioned" does not necessarily pertain to a general style or category of merchandise, but rather to a given item together with a specific set of options. Please pay special attention to these categories when placing an order, since their classification will effect their specific terms of sale and return.
When browsing or selecting special order or customized merchandise, you will be alerted to this fact by the message, "This is a special order item." which will appear below the price on the product page. This status will also be indicated by an (SO) following the specific product's name & option configuration that appears on your "My Selections" page during checkout, and also on your final order confirmation email.
- Conformity with Representation. Products on this website are represented by electronic means and, therefore, their representation may vary according to the Buyer's monitor or other electronic equipment used for accessing this Site. Goods not materially different than those represented and/or described on this website or other literature provided by the Seller shall be accepted buy the Buyer as being in accordance with this Agreement.
- Force Majeure. The Seller shall not be responsible for any failure on its part to perform any term or provision of this Agreement due to any cause beyond the Seller's reasonable control. The Seller shall not be responsible for non-delivery or delay in delivery of the whole or any portion of the goods where such non-delivery or delay is due to fire, strikes, difficulties in obtaining labor, raw materials or supplies, freight or other embargoes, Acts of God or the public enemy or any other cause whatsoever over which the Seller has no control.
Defining Merchandise Categories
Normal Merchandise is merchandise that is readily available and which we make every effort to keep in stock from day-to-day for the purposes of making regular sales that are available for immediate delivery via this Site. This is not to say that we can guarantee that all such items will always be in-stock, when you place your order. However, regardless of their stock status, these items are still classed as normal merchandise and are subject to the more liberal set of return and exchange policies, etc., governing normal merchandise (detailed below).
Special Order Merchandise
Special Order Merchandise is merchandise that is fabricated or finished only when we have a specific order for it from a client. These pieces are usually based on an existing design or a piece of normal merchandise that is displayed on this Site, but it is classed as a "special order" because we are executing it, for example, in a particular size or an alternative color scheme than those pieces which are kept in regular stock. Special order merchandise is governed by a separate set of return policies than items classed as normal merchandise, which is defined above.
Customized or Commissioned Merchandise
Customized & Commissioned Merchandise are the most specialized categories of merchandise we offer.
Customized pieces may involve special adjustments that have to be made to an existing design, such as (but not limited to) the following: engraving, monogramming or other personalization; creating made-to-measure or uniquely-sized items; the use of custom colors (including color-matching services) or the use of specific, unusual or rare materials; or otherwise customizing an existing product to meet a client's requirements or specifications.
Commissioned pieces are generally created completely from scratch, according to the needs of a particular client and according to set specifications that must be agreed upon in writing in advance of starting the work. While we welcome private commissions, do understand that commissioned pieces often require a considerable amount of time and effort on our part to envision & create for you, and they may be subject to certain specific terms beyond those governing other types of merchandise. If you are interested in commissioning a piece, please contact us for further details.
Billing Your Credit Card
If, after placing an order, you wish to cancel or modify your order in any way, please contact us as soon as possible by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling Client Care at 1.805.784.0967, Monday-Saturday, 10am to 5pm (Pacific Time). We will make every effort to accommodate your request.
However, once a product has left our premises for shipping, the purchase cannot be cancelled or modified until the product has been returned to us. In this case, please refer to our policy for Returns, Refunds, Exchanges. If the item that you have ordered is returnable, then please call us for a returns authorization and return your purchase to us according to the instructions you receive from your Client Care Representative. If you would like to purchase a different product, please visit our website or contact us to have a Client Care Representative assist you.
Orders for special order and/or custom or commissioned merchandise are not cancelable once the production process has begun. Please understand that the majority of the items available on this Site require exacting, precise, and time-consuming craftsmanship as well as the sourcing of specialized materials. Once work has begun on a piece, limited changes may or may not be possible, depending on the nature of your request and the stage of production that the piece has reached, theretofore. We will make every attempt to accommodate your requests, but the Seller makes no guarantees or warrantees that such changes will be accommodated and must expressly disclaim any such guarantees of warrantees. If the Buyer shall attempt to cancel or shall refuse to accept delivery, the Seller shall be entitled upon the tender of the Goods, in addition to all other remedies afforded to the Seller, to keep any deposit or advance made buy the Buyer upon order of the goods and to recover the full Purchase Price from the Buyer. The Buyer agrees to pay to the Seller, in addition to all other sums required to be paid by the Buyer, all legal and other expenses incurred by the Seller in collecting any moneys due from the Buyer to the Seller under the terms and provisions of this Agreement and all legal and other expenses incurred by the Seller in removing and/or retaking and/or selling, by legal process or otherwise, the Goods covered by this Agreement.
Returns, Refunds, Exchanges
Returning Normal Merchandise
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your online purchase, normal merchandise may be returned for a refund, exchange or on-line store credit.
Please note, however, that since many of the products offered on this Site are hand crafted, (notably cashmere, hand-woven or hand-dyed products) what may appear to you to be an irregularity is, in fact, part of the unique handmade nature of the article and should not be considered a defect.
If you wish to return or exchange an item, you must contact us within 7 days of receipt of said merchandise. To authorize a return, please phone Client Care at 1.805.784.0967, Monday-Saturday, 10am to 5pm (Pacific Time).
- You will be given a return authorization number and "ship to" address.
- Items must be shipped pre-paid and insured, as we cannot be responsible for lost, damaged, stolen or misdirected packages. Shipping fees are non-refundable.
- Items must be returned in their original packaging, with all original tags, etc. still on each article.
- Items must be in new, unworn or unused condition. We are unable to accept any item with any indication that it has been used, worn or damaged once it has been in your possession.
- When returning or exchanging your order, please include the original packing slip, noting the item(s) being returned/exchanged and listing any items that should be sent in exchange.
- A re-stocking charge of $20 or 1% of the cost of the item (whichever is higher) is applied to all elective returns and exchanges. This charge is assessed to help offset the lost insurance and handling charges that were borne by the Seller in shipping the goods to you originally.
Once your return has been received, inspected and approved:
- If you have requested an exchange, a new item will be shipped to you. Your credit card will be billed only for the cost of shipping you the new item.
- If you have requested a refund, your credit card account will be credited back.
- If you have requested an on-line store credit, we will issue you an coupon code for an on-line store credit that can be used anytime within the subsequent 12 month period to make purchases on this Site.
Returning Special Order Merchandise and Customized or Commissioned Merchandise
Special Order and Custom/Commissioned pieces cannot be returned or exchanged for other merchandise.
Merchandise in these two categories is identified on the individual product pages of this Website by the message "This is a special order item". It is also indicated by the two-letter code "(SO)" that follows the product name & options configuration during the checkout process and your email order confirmation and invoicing materials. These items will also be indicated to Client Care Representative when you place an order by phone. When you choose to submit a Special Order or Custom/Commissioned Order on or via this website, you agree that such item(s) may not be returned or exchanged. If you are in doubt about whether or not an item you wish to order falls into this category, please contact us for clarification in advance of making your purchase.
In the unlikely event that we processed your order incorrectly or shipped you a defective item, we will gladly take it back and, depending on your wishes, replace the item or issue you an "online store credit" for the full purchase price of the article plus any shipping charges incurred.
Sale items (products that are designated as being "ON SALE") cannot be returned or exchanged. Such items are identified by appearing within a designated "SALE" section on this Site and/or by a "SALE" indication on the individual product pages or by our Client Care Representative when you place an order. Sale items, custom orders and personalized items are all FINAL SALE ONLY.
Return/Exchange Authorization & Instructions
To authorize a Return or an Exchange and receive instructions on how to return the merchandise, please contact us within 7 days of receiving your shipment.
Refunds on purchases made via this website are applicable to Normal Merchandise only. If you have requested a refund, we will credit back the original account that you used to make your purchase, after your return has been received and inspected. A $20 or 1% re-stocking fee (whichever is higher) will be applied to all returns and exchanges to cover lost handling and insurance charges.
We regret we are unable to issue refunds for Special Order, Custom or Commissioned Merchandise.
In general, all products available on IANSAUDE.COM are designed and fabricated to last. We pride ourselves on using the best quality materials and manufacturing techniques at our disposal. If something that you have purchased from IANSAUDE.COM should, however, require repair, please contact us to let us know the nature of the problem and to schedule a repair order. Your Client Care representative will inform you about where and how to repair the item.
Ring Sizing & International Conversions
To accurately determine your ring size there are several different methods. The most reliable method is to use a set of actual sample sizing-rings, available at any jewelry or better department store. However, since finding a set of these to use might not be practical for some clients, we have included several alternative methods below.
Regardless of which method you choose, please read the following set of guidelines to insure accurate measurements.
- Finger size can change slightly throughout the day. Therefore, it is best to measure your fingers at the end of the day, when they tend to be at their largest.
- Your fingers will be at their smallest when they are cold. Avoid taking ring measurement on cold fingers.
- Rings can really be worn on any finger. Traditionally, however, the “ring finger” is located between the middle finger and the little finger on either hand. In Europe and the Americas, both women and men generally wear wedding and engagement rings on the “ring finger” of the left hand. The most common ring size for women in the United States is 6.5.
- If you use one of the printable sizers or one of the other methods available below to determine your ring size, please make sure that your printer scaling is turned off (set to “NONE”) before printing. Please also double check that the scale of the printed document is accurate by using a ruler to measure the red “reference line” which is included on the printed page. To insure accurate measurements, please make sure that your ruler and the “reference line” on the printed page are taking identical measurements before proceeding to measure your finger.
- It may be advisable to try more than one of the methods below and cross-reference your results to ensure that they are entirely accurate.
Measure an existing ring to determine its size.
Print out the following template and compare your existing ring to the template.
Printable Ring Comparison Chart »
- After printing the Ring Comparison Table, first check to see that the scale is accurate by measuring the “reference line” as described above.
- Place your ring on the template and compare.
- When comparing, look at the hole inside your ring (i.e. the inner circumference). On the printed page, you should be able to see the white area inside the circle and some or all of the black line corresponding to the inner circumference of the ring, but you SHOULD SEE LITTLE OR NONE of the template’s colored background.
- Find the closest match and take the size from the number printed inside the corresponding circle.
Measure your finger with a string or a strip of paper.
- Encircle the appropriate finger with a string or a narrow strip of paper, to approximate a ring.
- Mark or cut the string or paper strip to indicate the exact circumference of your finger.
- Unwind the string or strip onto a flat surface.
- Using a metric ruler, accurately measure the string or paper strip in millimeters (mm).
- Compare your result to the “International Ring Sizing Conversions” Chart below. Match your measurement to the closest number in the third column (the inner circumference of a ring). Then, scan across to the first column to see the corresponding US ring size. If your measurement does not have an exact US-size equivalent, determine the closest US full or half-size (highlighted in light green in the table).
If you don’t know your US ring size, but you do know your sizing in either the UK, EU or Japanese systems, you can also refer to the “International Ring Sizing & Conversions” chart above to determine the corresponding US sizing.
Measure your finger with a paper sizer.
- Print out the paper sizer strip from the file below.
- Check to see that the scale is accurate by measuring the red “reference line”. It should measure 2cm (20mm).
- Cut out the complete beige box below, then fold back the top and bottom portions of the beige box along the measuring tape, so that only the white measuring tape is visible. This will give some rigidity and structure to the sizer.
- Encircle the appropriate finger with the paper strip to approximate a ring.
- Fit the strip snugly to your finger and eliminate any slack left in the paper strip.
- The point of the arrow should point to your proper ring size. Round to the nearest half size (e.g. 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5 etc)
Caring for Fine Jewelry
At IANSAUDE.COM we do everything we can to ensure that the jewelry, which you purchase from us, will give you a lifetime of enjoyment and wear. Fine jewelry, however, is always delicate and requires proper care. It may also occasionally require readjustment, repair or cleaning to remove the various oils, cosmetics, dust or other materials that may accumulate on jewelry during normal wear or after a long period in storage. The following are some general guidelines to help you in caring for your fine jewelry.
For storing your jewelry, it is always recommended to keep special pieces in a fine jewelry case, a safe/vault with compartments specialized for jewelry storage, or a box whose interior is suitably soft and somewhat breathable. Chamois, glove leather, velvet, suede-cloth, fine linen or cotton voile are generally considered to be the best materials for this purpose. Storing jewelry for prolonged periods in plastic cases or other chemical-based/non-breathable materials is not recommended, as they may emit subtle gasses or trap-in moisture that may effect the finish of the metal — especially sterling silver — even if it is treated with a tarnish-resistant finish such as rhodium or platinum. These effects can generally be reversed though professional cleaning and re-finishing, but they can often be avoided altogether through proper storage and care.
When storing pieces in a case or safe, it is also recommended to keep the pieces from touching or rubbing against each other by placing them in separate compartments, individual soft pouches, by wrapping them in a delicate fabric or tissue, or by keeping them in their original presentation boxes. Diamonds are extraordinarily hard, so it is not surprising that they may scratch softer stones or the metal finish on other pieces of jewelry, if they are allowed to come in constant contact. Very soft or porous stones like pearls, opals & coral are especially susceptible to this kind of wear, and should always be segregated from other pieces of jewelry, even while wearing, if you wish to avoid scratches.
For best results, your fine jewelry should be taken to a jewelry professional for cleaning. A professional will know what cleaning method & products are best for the specific kind of jewelry you are trying to clean. Cleaning using a pressurized steam machine (similar to the steam feature on most commercial espresso machines) is safe for most jewelry and is highly recommended. Local jewelry stores will generally offer convenient cleaning services at very nominal rates or you can also contact us to arrange for any special cleaning or re-polishing needs.
However, there are also numerous products and devices on the market that will allow you to clean your jewelry conveniently and effectively at home. These products and devices are often very good, but please follow the manufacturer's directions very carefully and be sure to check for warnings and disclaimers that might pertain to your particular piece.
In general, ammonia-based cleaning solutions, while highly effective for cleaning diamonds and precious stone jewelry, are not recommended for any pearl jewelry or jewelry containing opals or several other classes of soft stones. Using such solutions on these kinds of jewelry may result in permanent damage to the stone's surface or structure. Please check the ingredients and the warnings carefully before using any cleaning solution that you suspect may contain ammonia.
Ultrasonic cleaning machines are an excellent way to clean most fine jewelry. However leaving jewelry submerged in ultrasonic immersions for prolonged periods may loosen stone settings. Cleaning periods of 7-10 minutes in a ultrasonic machine filled with hot water and the appropriate variety and ratio of cleaning solution are generally sufficient to clean a piece. Moreover, if you are cleaning several pieces simultaneously in the same ultrasonic machine, the various pieces should generally not be allowed to come in contact with each other or with the bottom or sides of the ultrasonic tank to prevent scratching or marring of the jewelry's finish.
Simple, routine cleaning can also be done at home by submerging jewelry in a plastic or glass container containing 1-part hair shampoo or a gentle dishwashing liquid (such as Palmolive®) to approximately 3-parts very hot water. Allow the piece to sit in the solution for 5-10 minutes. You may also choose use an artist's soft or medium bristle paintbrush to gently go over the piece to remove tiny pieces of dust or other debris. Using hard plastic bristle brushes (such as tooth brushes) is not recommended, as they can leave fine scratch marks on the metal's finish. After soaking, rinse the pieces under very hot tap water, preferably at high pressure. To avoid being burned, you should use a pair of plastic tongs or tweezers to securely hold the jewelry under the stream. During the cleaning process, to be certain not to lose any loosened stones or even an entire piece of jewelry, always place a large plastic basin or container underneath your jewelry while rinsing it over a sink or drain, and be sure to close the drain with a stopper. Check the jewelry carefully to see that all the pieces are accounted for and all the settings are intact before discarding the water.
Jewelry such as pearl or beaded necklaces, which are strung on silk or other specialized beading cords, may be expected to stretch over time with normal wear. They may periodically require a professional re-stringing.
Caring for Cashmere
As a safety precaution, we always recommend that your cashmere garments, home and personal accessories be professionally dry-cleaned. However, repeated dry-cleaning may cause loss of the natural oils present in the cashmere yarn that help account for its extraordinary softness. Therefore, dry-cleaning cashmere items too often may cause them to feel more coarse or even "hard" over time. Therefore, cashmere knitwear, woven cashmere scarves, throws and blankets can often be successfully hand-washed using the following guidelines.
Washing your Cashmere Garments, Throws & Blankets
- Hand wash in lukewarm water using a gentle or natural hair shampoo or Ovation™ (a specialized gentle laundry soap for cashmere). Be sure to dissolve the shampoo thoroughly then put the throw/blanket into water. Rinsing with hair conditioner will generally make your cashmere object even softer. Wash colored garments separately.
- Do not bleach.
- Squeeze gently, do not twist or wring. Twisting a wet blanket can stretch or distort the shape or weave of your blanket. To remove excess water, you may (A) use the "gentle spin" cycle on your washing machine or (B) use a nylon mesh lingerie bag to let the piece drip off the excess or (C) gently roll the piece in a large dry towel or towels and press the roll gently to extract the water.
- After removing excess water, re-shape & smooth the piece, then dry it flat, away from direct heat and sunlight.
- Gently press the piece with a medium/cool iron using a damp pressing cloth or send it for professional pressing.
How to store your Cashmere Garments, Throws & Blankets
- Before storing your precious cashmere garments or blankets in basements or attics, check carefully for leaks, dampness and sunlight.
- Fold garments or pack them neatly in tissue paper or plastic bags and store them in a closet away from light, dust and dampness. If your throw or blanket came with a storage pouch, you may also choose to store your cashmere item in that before placing it in a plastic or other storage box.
- Cleaning before storage is recommended, as fresh stains that may not yet be visible will oxidize and become fixed during storage. They may also be food for moths. Moths feast only on natural fabrics and are attracted to them not so much by the fabric itself but by various residues (such as food proteins and cooking oils) that might be present on the fabric, even if they are not visible to the naked eye.
- To keep moths away, the first thing is to make sure that the cashmere item is clean before long-time storage. Mothballs (naphthalene), or natural products such as camphor, cedar chips or citronella are standard protection from moth infestation of woolens. These moth-proofing products are recommended, but some people find that it is sufficient to simply spray some perfume on a piece of paper and put the paper next to your cashmere inside a storage box.
- To store a pure cashmere blanket during summer, the most important thing is to keep moisture away, so please do not store your cashmere blanket in a damp place. A well-sealed plastic storage box (available in most bed & bath stores) is usually sufficient. A see-through plastic storage box may be preferable, so that you can notice if there is ever any moisture/condensation inside. Make sure that the box is dry before enclosing the cashmere item. Canvas or other "breathable" boxes can also be used, if you are confident that the place where you are storing your cashmere items is already dry and moth-free.